August 7, 2021

IT'S AUGUST ...THIS CALLS FOR HATCH CHILIES AND PEACH ICE CREAM

Hello Loves.....
do you ever wake up in the morning and realize
there is not one thing planned?
No appointments, no day dates, nothing
to make the day extraordinary?
Well, sometimes you may just
discover your day offers you sunshine and flowers.......

We took a run over to my favorite grocery store and oh,
how I love shopping for an idea that pops into my head....
August features our well known Hatch Chile fest and
it's a tradition of ours never to miss this event held
during the month of August.....


The rich aroma of roasting chiles will draw you in
to savor all kinds of delicious goodies....


passing by their beautiful floral department makes me 
soooo very happy........


I plan on serving these stuffed mushrooms
with a delicious grilled steak on Saturday night....


I always love fresh Peaches in August and will
normally make a peach cobbler....
well, I decided instead, I'm going to make
homemade peach ice cream!!!
Doesn't that sound amazing????





These are Texas grown peaches!



I used Paula Deen's recipe for this rich and creamy homemade ice cream!


Absolutely divine!!!


We preferred to put the peaches on top of the ice cream,
rather that mix the peaches into the ice cream......


Let's savor the last of summer.....are y'all with me?




























4 comments:

  1. I saw Paula Deen's program making peach ice cream. It was interesting all right. 😁 Your ice cream maker looks a lot more friendly than hers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are loving the hatch chilies, too!! The Hatch Chili Sweet Lime cookies are one of our favorites! Still haven't found the Hatch Chili wine yet this year.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. you never disappoint. that fresh peach ice cream is exquisite.
    and I love the last video!
    I made it large... and to end it with the most beautiful kitty in the world!
    we have a wonderfully cloudy day today even though no rain. it's all good. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I say Adios and Amen to the end of this summer. It's been dreadful with one crisis after another...I just thought the summer of 2020 was tough. And during it all, guess who's been keeping 100 grandchildren??? sure seems like there are 100 of them! I do know I am way too old with a bad back to be keeping up with these chirren!! So happy to see school starting..seriously!!! and some cooler temps sure will be nice!!!

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.