August 1, 2019

APPETIZERS AND COCKTAILS FOR IMPROMPTU ENTERTAINING

Have you ever found yourself in a position
when you have unexpected company drop in for a visit?
You are in sheer panic mode that you have nothing to serve
and the house isn't as tidy as you would like it to be?
No worries...here are few tips that will help
you be the gracious hostess you were meant to be......
A quick trip to your nearest grocery deli will solve your problems....


Pick up a fresh floral bouquet and place them in a pretty glass vase...
flowers add a special touch and elegance to any tablesetting.


Keep things casual and to a minimum.....it's does not 
have to be a grand buffet...just a few appetizers and a special cocktail
will be enjoyed by everyone!


I love serving this special kicked-up guacamole...and it's so pretty and easy...
take a good brand of store-bought guacamole....and place in a pretty bowl....
top with fresh Pomegranate seeds and sprinkle with crumbled Feta Cheese...
this is DIVINE...


Take another pretty little bowl and serve some
marinated Greek olives....little bites of goodness!


For the third  appetizer,
place a Cherry Tomato and Mozzarella salad mix!


Now, for that special cocktail.....
how about an Aperol Spritzer....
This is a refreshing cocktail that Barefoot Contessa often serves....
which is 3/4 Prosecco, a splash of Aperol, topped off with Club Soda
and a fresh orange slice...it's beautiful isn't it!


And....a freshly baked pie which is served in petite bowls
topped with sweetened whipped cream...


A perfect sweet ending......


Your gathering shows your guests you cared....
now you can spend time enjoying the visit and you don't 
need to fuss with plates or silverware...it's all finger food!
Except for serving the pie/cobbler, of course!!!!


Even those who "think" they don't like guacamole, love this dressed up version!


Happy Entertaining Y'all!

8 comments:

  1. How nice! I don't have this happen very often but sometimes I make a little early evening appetizer meal just for two! With a couple of glasses of wine...so nice! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lavender Dreamer for visiting today..yes, this would be perfec for a light dinner for two! Have a lovely weekend! Warm hugs!

      Delete
  2. Looks beautiful. I try to have a hospitality pantry set up. It’s not as elegant as this, but helps me not feel quite so desperate when the drop-in arrives. Another beautiful header!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you always make your family and company feel welcomed and taken care of....I so wish I could visit sometime....gentle hugs Vee!

      Delete
  3. Pomegranate on top of guacamole! What a brilliant idea. Having a gals night next week...will have to do this!!
    Aperol spritz reminds me so much of my trip to Italy ...aaahhhh....apperitivo every afternoon!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Janey...I hope you try it...I think your guests will love it! Have a lovely weekend!

      Delete
  4. had to come back to tell you...we've bought new property adjoining our deer camp properties and on it was an abandoned log cabin that had become dilapidated from misuse. also has a lovely pond in front of it. we've been doing alot of work to update and bring it back to life. It's going to be a girly cabin for my friends and family. So...........last night a few of my best girlfriends came to spend the night and help with ideas on how to bring this baby back to life.
    guess what I fed them?? aperol spritz, guacomole with pomengranate seeds and feta (BIG hit!) caprese salad with stuffed mozzarella and burrata cheeses!!! And all those ideas came from you!!! So thanks for all your wonderful ideas and recipes!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How wonderful Janey....I am so happy everyone enjoyed your gathering with recipes I shared. This sounds like a very cool project for y'all, with alot of work and elbow grease I'm sure! Hope you can share some photos with us...thanks so much for letting me know this!!! Hugs!

      Delete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.