October 8, 2017

TAKING CARE IN AUSTIN


It was a scheduled event down in Austin for early Friday morning.
The dreaded wisdom teeth extraction surgery!
We arrived late Thursday evening just in time for
happy hour along with fresh salads and pizza!


This was a new restaurant to us which Rob said
they often meet up for after work happy hours....
good, good pizza!


Mae is winding down on her medication and still
must travel with us...where WE go....SHE goes!
This was actually her second trip to Austin, so 
she is a bit familiar with his apartment,....plus,
Robbie is one of the few people she tolerates!


Once you find a hotel you LOVE....you always return.
I love, love, love this hotel...
pretty, comfortable, great food and service...
and
intriguing......


Early Saturday morning....going down for breakfast!


I adore listening to the sounds in the lobby....
quiet gatherings and the sounds and smells of
breakfast.....


I also just love this mural...
it is everything TEXAS....stunning!


Now THIS......is my favorite start to the morning....
I must get one of those tiny cream pitchers.....


I will tell you I sent my compliments to the chef....
it was DIVINE!


So....since my youngest son was resting on the sofa...
the darling and I did a shopping trip to H.E.B.
and
HOME GOODS!
Lots of yummy groceries to stock his fridge and pantry
were bought!
AND...I found some marvelous little treats at HOME GOODS....


This candle was heavenly...just the color I was looking for
to place on his fireplace mantel and.....
a very manly scent!


A new rug to place in front of his entertainment center!


This beautiful wooden vanity tray, along with beautiful
lotions and potions!

On Saturday, the boys took in a movie.....
not one I chose to see....Blade Runner....
so I stayed and caught up on my Bravo shows....
in addition to preparing dinner
and baking chocolate chip cookies!
It's never too late to make your grown-up children 
feel a bit special and pampered!


I think baking cookies is the best way to make a house
feel and smell like HOME!


MMMMMM...for dinner, I made Angel Chicken
over angel hair pasta.....YUM-O!
Then it was football time.......


Well,    our AGGIES did make a good effort in trying to
beat BAMA'.....but, indeed we lost!
Next time.....Alabama..just you wait...
GIG EM'!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. How nice for him that you were able to go and be with him. Everyone likes to be pampered once in a while!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love our babies , no matter how old they get. You are a good mother to your son. I am so sure that he was happy to have his parents with him. Hope he heels nicely. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean about early morning hotel/breakfast sounds. You pampered your son well! Nice finds that you picked up for him. -Jenn

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.