March 27, 2023

A BEAUTIFUL SPRING WEEKEND

 



Texas had been enjoying perfect spring weather lately and it
has been marvelous to finally be outdoors and enjoy the warm
sunshine and listen to the sounds of nature......
It was time to begin spring cleaning in the backyard....



One morning, I happened to look out the window and lo and behold,
we had two mallard ducks in the pool.....
I was beyond excited watching them swim back and forth
and enjoy a bit of a rest from their flight pattern...what a gift!!!


I was excited to finally hang my new wind chimes.....


I am excited for Easter this year....
Easter Day brings back many happy memories.....
This year I am making Italian Easter bread for the very first time....


Everything is in beautiful florals around the kitchen....


Are you browsing the magazines to become inspired with garden ideas
and recipes? Tonight, I am preparing a Shrimp Louie Salad....


Papyrus products never disappoint.


I thought this artwork was perfect for spring and summer....
What new items are you enjoying this season?
I am loving this spring season...hope you are too!
We have family birthdays, anniversaries and a few soiree's coming up
in April...and we are headed down to Austin to see the youngest....
time to make the most of living...let's go......

3 comments:

  1. Hi Betsy,

    Your post just shouts "Spring" from beginning to end. :) Your spring wreath on the door is lovely, and that artwork on the mantel is perfect. I keep thinking I'll buy spring (and fall) canvases for our mantel, but I never seem to get around to it. It's just the two seasons here -- winter and summer. :D All the florals in your kitchen are so cheerful, and to answer your question, I'm enjoying the spring magazines, too. Wow, what a surprise to find mallards in your pool! :D So glad that spring has finally sprung!

    Have a great day, Betsy!!

    Hugs,

    Denise at Forest Manor

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to have a Papyrus in my old town, and Yes, delightful stuff for sure. Spring has arrived in your area, and what a sight to see the mallard ducks in your pool. I thought Spring was coming here soon, but I looked out my window this morning, and we are buried in snow! It's very pretty, but hard to drive in. Your wind chimes are unique and lovely. I can just hear them gently blowing in the wind. Italian Easter bread sounds wonderful. And I like your floral picture with the blues. Have a safe trip to see your youngest. I have a short trip planned as well, and I just hope that the weather allows me to go. ; )

    Have a beautiful Spring week, Betsy.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  3. As usual, your house looks so cozy and warm.....perfect for Spring time.
    My March has been a mad house and I've not even had time to think of decor yet. Every weekend has taken me somewhere with grandchildren...but in only 3 days, I leave for the beach for FIVE 5 weeks!!!!!!! Alone!! except for PoppyPearl....she's going with me! So I will have lots of downtime to get my blog caught up and do some back reading on all my fave blogs! Have a wonderful Easter and visiting with that boy of yours!!!

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.