July 11, 2022

IT'S A BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION


 
Another birthday....and entering a new decade....
Hmmmmm.....this is going to take some getting used to.........


I was treated to homemade Blueberry Pancakes with
yummy crispy bacon!


Spent the afternoon in the pool......
it was a mere 106 degrees today...we're melting I tell ya'........



A new candle in this lovely tropical scent....



I loved these.....perfect for a summer vibe.....



What mom does not feel incredibly blessed when
receiving a rose bouquet?



We began the cocktail hour with my signature cocktail....



A Pink Pirate



I made the BEST crab dip...it was the hit of the party


This will be on the holiday menu for sure!



And, dinner was my barbecue shrimp,
served with corn on the cob and a hot crispy baguette!


Our sweet ending was a delightful pineapple sherbet!
This is divine for summer...an old Southern Living recipe..
4 cups scalded milk, cooled
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 cup crushed pineapple

Mix all ingredients and then freeze!

Time to make the most of living kindred spirits...
feel grateful, feel blessed, feel happy!


11 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Betsy 🎈If not yourbirthday, pass it on. 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you Vee...I am embracing turning 70! Can't quite believe it!

      Delete
    2. You are making 70 look great! Yes, indeed, embrace it.

      Delete
  2. i really enjoy your blog. i am one of those "lurkers", but i wanted to leave a happy birthday message, to say your blog is a gift to others, and thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are THE most beautiful 70-year-old I know!!! Happy BIRTHDAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AnonymousJuly 11, 2022

    Lucky 70 never has looked SO GOOD!!! seriously!
    you could write a book on it. happy birthday dear Betsy. stay cool! XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday, Betsy. You look amazing. My 70th is next year. As usual, your photos are so beautiful. I wish you a very Blessed and healthy year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy, Happy Birthday! You are beautiful inside and out! I am thankful for the example you are setting that life is good even as we get older! Cheers to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday, dear Betsy!!! Yes, entering a new decade is always ... interesting. ;) I hope I look as good as you do when I hit 70. You look great! I know you had a happy birthday, since your loved ones always make you feel special. Thank you for sharing with us, and I can always count on a burst of cheerfulness when I visist here at "Estelle's". Have a great week and a great year, Betsy!

    Hugs,

    Denise at Forest Manor

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday!!!!!!!

    You are looking lovely, so no need to worry about age.

    106 degrees! How do you stand living with that amount of heat?

    A/C I know. But I get weary of living all closed up, with A/C, the few days, we absolutely have to use it.

    Really, just wondering.....

    Gentle hugs,
    ✨ ✨ ✨ ✨

    ReplyDelete
  9. HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEET FRIEND!!!!
    Been trying forever to leave a post but my settings were off. Think I’ve finally figured it out!!! So hope your day was special and looks like you once again provided a sweet celebration for your family!!! And aren’t we all turning the corners on our age! Least we’re healthy even tho my bones tell me differently!!
    Even tho I couldn’t post, I thought of you often!! ❤️

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.