November 14, 2019

GUEST BEDROOM DRESSED FOR AUTUMN

Hello Loves....
thank you for coming back to Estelle's...
let me welcome you to take a peek into
one of our guest bedrooms, known as
The Princess Room!
When we lived further south in Texas, prior to our Maine relocation,
we redecorated one of our son's room and transformed
it into a romantic, feminine bedroom which became
known as The Princess Room...the name remains!
I decided to move upstairs and put some finishing
seasonal touches in the bedrooms, baths and media room!


We are going to begin by decorating my Victorian Post box...
I adore this mailbox....and the thought came to me...
why not give it a seasonal look!


I love the Victorian romance appearance of this..
there is even a autumn postcard awaiting my guests....


I am loving the colors featured in this bedroom...
goldenrods, deep purple and lavender roses and coffee colored peonies!


The little ballet picture has been mine from the time I was born....
yes, this hung in my sister's and my bedroom all the way back
to Vicksburg, Mississippi...I treasure this picture!!
It is now over 70 years old....




The angel was a gift from my son....
gosh, how I love that boy....he always
gives me angels....how beautiful is that?


This room holds special items from the past...
Grandparents, parents, my collectibles....things I treasure...
mostly in shades of pink....


I love soft, muted shades of fall in the bedroom...
soft sage, olives, lavenders and rose....


I adore soft throws.....I added this new one in a soft pink
and just draped it in a pretty woven basket....which
seemed to be the perfect place to add a purple velvet pumpkin....
so my family members staying for the weekend,
can curl up on the bed with a new blanket and take
a delicious autumn nap......


It's lovely for your guests to enjoy a little bed tray
filled with florals, tea cups and candles....a simple yet, elegant
way to add your extra special touch of allowing them to feel special!


Magazines that are seasonal are loved by many of us.....
how wonderful to relax on fresh soft bedding as you thumb through
all these delightful reads for Autumn inspiration!


The princess room is all about romance and comfort.....
a place of serenity.....relaxation at it's finest!

Scenes from home in October.......
it's a good place to be.......








12 comments:

  1. You are a woman after my own heart. This room literally beckons to me with all the personal treasures and comfortable touches you added. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your sweet comments...so appreciate your visit today! Warm hugs!

      Delete
  2. Betsy, I love the colors. I still like the romantic look for a bedroom. The post box is adorable. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Susie...thank you for visiting today and leaving such kind comments...hugs from Texas..stay warm up there!

      Delete
  3. Such a lovely feminine room! I love the autumn colors in the room, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Deanna...I wanted to go just a little twist of Autumn color in this bedroom...hope your November is beautiful!

      Delete
  4. I love it all!!! So pretty and feminine! It looks just exactly as I would think you would do it - elegant and comfy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww...thank you Linda...how sweet of you! It was fun to transform this bedroom into a touch of fall comfort...ready for the holidays as we welcome family home! Cannot wait to hear about your plans at The Chapmans!

      Delete
  5. A very pleasant room. That angel is one of the loveliest I have seen. Your son has good taste. I don’t imagine that your guests wish to leave.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My guests are my children and grandchildren Vee...so this Mama never wants them to say good-bye....hope you are staying warm and cozy up there in the great state of Maine!

      Delete
  6. exquisite Betsy. as always.
    you are a past master at the 'little touches' that make a home. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tammy..you are so very sweet...thank you for visiting me today and leaving a kind comment...I am hoping that your Thanksgiving Day will be peaceful and full of joy for you!

      Delete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.