October 18, 2019

CELEBRATING OKTOBERFEST IN ATLANTA


Hello Loves!
Well, this should be a real treat for everyone....
I am sharing our fabulous week we enjoyed in Atlanta
checking off all our Fall favorites on the bucket list!
We walked in the woods, gazed upon a magnificent waterfall,
ate divine foods, visited a pumpkin patch, carved Jack O' Lanterns
and even got to wear our new fall fashions!
Hope y'all enjoy the views as much as we did!


Y'all come on in......


Miss M's Atlanta home is warm and welcoming
and fall decor was to be enjoyed in every nook and cranny!


The fall foyer was elegant with a touch of Halloween whimsy!


As I have said many times,
"who doesn't love a well-dressed gentleman?"


The formal dining room featured
the most elegant tablescape showcasing
real white pumpkins!
I am so proud of our daughter making her home
festive and seasonally beautiful for her family!


The kitchen, being the heart of our homes,
held delicious foods and treats!


I just LOVE her pumpkin collection she has
gathered over the years!


Out on the decks, I was able to just sit and enjoy
the beautiful days of sunshine, being one with nature
and watching the leaves fall gently all around......
this is the time to just be still and listen......








On this beautiful Saturday, we were off on an adventure......


As it was a gorgeous October day,
it seems many people had the same idea..
we headed up to Stockbridge, GA to visit
Amicolola State Park and see the waterfall.....


This is the tallest waterfall in the state of Georgia
and the views of the Appalachian mountains are incredible!



Georgia is an incredibly beautiful state!


It's THE highest falls east of the Mississippi!!!!


We then drove up to Dahlonega to have lunch.....


A few glasses of vino, and some fantastic Cajun food!
Shrimp Po'Boys, Gumbo, Shrimp and Grits, along
with Red Beans and Rice!!!!


We also treated ourselves to Gelato!


We planned a full day on Sunday of relaxing and 
watching football....sounded like a good idea to
start the day with Mimosa's!


Miss M had some fabulous dips from Publix, which made for a 
perfect tailgating experience....


Monday we visited a nearby pumpkin patch and farm
known as Scottsdate Farm!
We were celebrating our last day by making Caramel Apples
and carving pumpkins with our youngest grandson!


This was SO much fun.....beautiful nursery, farm animals...pumpkins and
a place to shop for gorgeous high-end home goods!


Now, this was a marvelous celebration of the season!








Mom and Dad were carefully watching this.....


Pumpkin carving is HARD WORK!!!


There is nothing better for the soul,
than a marvelous fun-filled visit with family!





14 comments:

  1. Now I wondered where your road trip took you. Now I know and a more perfect destination I can not imagine. An entire week with your daughter and her family in her beautiful home=fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vee....my prayers are always with you....so hope you are beginning to feel better as we travel through this beautiful season...sending you love!

      Delete
  2. Such a beautiful fun time . I loved the autumn colors. The waterfalls was nice to see and hear, thanks to your videos. So many pumpkins to choose from at the markets. Betsy ,you and your daughter, are truly beautiful ladies. Love the plaids. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Susie..you are too kind....thank you for such a sweet comment....love your visits...hope all is going well at your home! Hugs!

      Delete
  3. I loved everything about this post! Loved getting to see Miss M’s home and all her beautiful things. Y’all really know how to do a Fall Fest right! My favorite pic is the one of you and your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda..it's far too long between visits....she's a special girl for sure!

      Delete
  4. I agree with Linda above. I loved every single thing about this post.
    the sheer beauty of it all. and the feeling of family love.
    I especially loved your little videos! first that one without music... the bird songs through the rich canopy of leaves and green space... and then the highest water fall and the sound of water rushing! and the markets full of Autumn magic! and just the voices of people and little excited children.
    then you topped it all with the most beautiful music (I always love the music you choose!) but the way you edited it with the sounds of nature behind the music! oh Betsy! you outdid yourself this time!
    and lingering on that beautiful tiny black face of Piper Rose! oh MY! and now I've gone on WAYYY too long here! sorry! good thing I don't comment all the time! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you ever so much Tammy....I had hoped you would feel like you were there with us...it was a very wonderful week...I so love your visits...warm hugs from me to you!

      Delete
  5. I have so much to catch up on! Besides the fact that my heart feels so warm from seeing you with your girl and your grandson..I’m also seeing the beauty of her decorating skills, the gorgeous food and her lovely home. I’d say you taught her well and that ms Estelle would be so proud!!
    Your trip looks amazing - I know your love tank is full!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Janey...I have been catching a glimpse of your paradise trip which must be soothing your soul....I simply cannot wait to learn more about your adventure! Y'all are amazing!!

      Delete
  6. Betsy- Thank you for sharing your family and a slice of life with us. What a beautiful family-starting with you and continuing on down the generations. I hope to explore a bit of Georgia when we get our RV headed south. I hear it is beautiful and have never spent much time there---except in Atlanta (which I am sorry to say I hate traveling through). lol
    I hope you have a wonderful, blessed weekend. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Diana...thank you so much for your visit. I hope you do get to visit Atlanta...so much to see and do...historic home tours, the Aquarium, mountain trails...a gorgeous state! I hope you are enjoying a lovely fall season!

      Delete
  7. I am so enjoying all of your fall posts, both yours and your lovely daughter"s homes. Love the photo of you both.Thank you for sharing.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by Sue...I love having you visit and take a few moments to enjoy the fall season....I so hope yours is bringing you happiness..warm hugs!

      Delete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.