September 10, 2019

A FABULOUS BANANA BREAD


I know....you are thinking....there are hundreds of recipes
for Banana Bread....some of my favorites are featured right here on Estelle's!
But it's fun to try new versions as you just might come across 
a certain recipe you fall in love with!
This one proved to be a real winner....
the darling ate two slices when arriving home from work..
and the aroma....it was heavenly....a touch of cinnamon was my special addition!


I wanted to share this recipe as I know you will love it...
makes a great gift for those you love and want to take a special treat to..
a neighbor, family members, coworkers....or a potluck gathering!


I added pecans but you could easily add walnuts!


FABULOUS BANANA BREAD
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
1.2 t. cinnamon
2 large eggs
1/4 cup buttermilk
3 ripe bananas
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 t. vanilla

Cream softened butter with sugar. Add eggs and mix well. Add vanilla.
Combine dry ingredients in separate bowl, then blend in with
butter mixture. Once blended, add the buttermilk.
Blend in mashed bananas and pecans.
Pout into a greased loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees F. for 1 hour.
Allow to cool before slicing.





7 comments:

  1. I love banana bread!

    I'm wondering which blogger template you use, and what you use to make your fabulous collage headers. Do you mind sharing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deanna...I use a Simple layout and create my header collages on our Lenovo software.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that big loaf of banana bread looks so good. So nice that your husband enjoyed some after working. All my daughters bake breads, especially banana and pumpkin. I have never made banana bread in my whole life. LOL..I certainly have made a ton of pumpkin though. I too love your wonderful header pictures. The little video at the end of this post..so cute with the leaves swirling around the dog with his blanket. :) Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Banana bread is my favorite. Yours looks so yummy! Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I do love a good banana bread. Yours looks hearty and rustic and delicious! I may need to get some bananas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Any recipe YOU love means it is an exceptionally GOOD one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. looove banana bread.....

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.