February 18, 2019

BREAD PUDDING AT IT'S FINEST



THIS is the ultimate Bread Pudding!
I will bet you it's better than any bread pudding you will
even find in New Orleans...seriously!


ESTELLE'S BREAD PUDDING
2 cups milk
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 t. salt
2 large eggs
1 t. vanilla
4-5 slices of a good Brioche or French bread
1/4 cup melted butter
freshly grated nutmeg

Butter an 8x8- inch baking dish. Cut Brioche into thick slices or you may
cube the bread if preferred.
Place bread slices or cubes in the baking dish.
Mix together the milk, eggs, sugar, salt and vanilla.
Then blend in the melted butter.
Pour this liquid mixture over the bread and let it soak the slices.
Put the baking dish inside a larger dish with a 1 inch water bath.
Bake at 350 degrees F. for 45 minutes.


This recipe is just divine....I have made it for over forty years
and I have really never found one easier or better!
This makes it's own custard sauce and the true secret is
using a good Brioche or French bread along with grated nutmeg!
Now, you know my secret and believe me....
my sister and I are bread pudding connoisseurs!!!!

Days in February.........





6 comments:

  1. This looks delicious! My mother loves bread pudding and I will have to make this for her when I see here in a few weeks. She is having a challenging time right now because she fell and broke her left wrist and her right shoulder.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Elizabeth...your poor Mother...I am so sorry to hear this.....sending some TLC WISHES....enjoy your week!

      Delete
  2. I will pin this for I love bread pudding and I have a friend who love, love, loves it. She can expect a gift one day. Sounds so good and has to be wonderful, old-fashioned, comfort food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful Vee..hope you both enjoy this....warm hugs!

      Delete
  3. you have no idea how this has cheered me. thank you! and I absolutely adore the little video. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet Tammy....I am so happy you visited today and found something you enjoyed....warm hugs from me to you!

      Delete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.