It's easy for me to say good-bye to summer....
Triple digit days rob me of my energy
and I find little joy in really hot weather....
The part of August that can be a happy time
is looking forward to a new school year,
football practice starts and shopping for new clothes
for the upcoming fall season...
this evokes such wonderful memories of
back-to-school shopping with Mother and
organizing school supplies along with
the nervous feeling of a new academic schedule....
So, I have decided to look forward rather than
limp along as days float by in August..
I think I shall call this my pre-fall series
as we transition from summer into fall.....
I was undecided about when I would begin fall decorating this year,
but as it so happens, the appearance of pumpkins and mums
grabs my attention, along with my heart....
I shall begin the early fall look in our home....
subtle, but with joyful anticipation.....
I lead a scheduled lifestyle, it seems.......
but as it so happens, the appearance of pumpkins and mums
grabs my attention, along with my heart....
I shall begin the early fall look in our home....
subtle, but with joyful anticipation.....
I lead a scheduled lifestyle, it seems.......
The new look on the farmhouse table.....
shades of plum and mocha......
then we shall make a comforting and yummy soup,
and follow up with apple cinnamon rolls...
shades of plum and mocha......
then we shall make a comforting and yummy soup,
and follow up with apple cinnamon rolls...
An autumn botanical table runner with vintage plates
The centerpiece is soft and gentle with a nod to autumn.....
a wooden dough bowl, a mocha gingham tea towel and
sprigs of crimson raspberries......
This ITALIAN SAUSAGE soup was meant to have cheese tortellini added,
but my son suggested great northern beans instead...
a brilliant idea....
before serving I add fresh spinach and top
with fresh parmesan cheese.....
but my son suggested great northern beans instead...
a brilliant idea....
before serving I add fresh spinach and top
with fresh parmesan cheese.....
This was honestly one of the best soups I have ever made!!!
There is a new seasonal cinnamon roll which
includes apples.....
includes apples.....
Divine!!
What a breath of fresh air to relish the idea of autumn days....
I am now inspired to go room by room and transform
our home into a new season.....
My wish is that all the children starting back to school
have a happy and successful year ahead...
thanks for joining me today!
I am now inspired to go room by room and transform
our home into a new season.....
My wish is that all the children starting back to school
have a happy and successful year ahead...
thanks for joining me today!

.jpg)
You've inspired me. I think I may walk around and change things up some. This summer has not been my best but I am going to try to embrace one more month of it! HA! Take care and thanks for such an uplifting post! You are the best!
ReplyDeleteHow wonderful that you were also inspired to dream about the fall season...let's have fun with our new season! I thank you ever so much for your kind comment!
DeleteI feel the very same way about August. I have been quietly changing my out to fall - room by room. I started my fall decorating in 2022 - right after my sister, Nita, died. It was a way to comfort myself and I have kept the tradtion for four years now. As of today, I just have the sewing room, guest room, front porch, gazebo and our outdoor sitting areas left to dress. Fall decorating is a tremendous comfort to my soul, body, and mind. No matter what my circumstances are or have been - fall has always been a joy that I embrace earlier every year. Why wait? I will be 78 in September so I have saved a few traditions for the first September Morn....and I will be so ready!!
ReplyDeleteI always look forward to your home tours in the fall season.....I know it makes so many happy to share in your joy!
DeleteI adore autumn, and I can see the early signs of it here in Pennsylvania. I need to cut some hydrangea and dry it. I can't wait!
ReplyDelete